Saturday, March 13, 2010

$tarbucks knock off molasses cookies


So here's a strange one... I am posting a recipe I altered from another blog.. One that that blogger altered from another blog.. So.. I got my recipe from here.








Molasses Crinkles Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup dark brown sugar
5 tbs. canola oil
1/2 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 tsp. nutmeg
1/4 tsp. ginger
1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
Decorating sugar, for rolling cookies in

1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees (remember to put aprons on your children.. which I totally forgot)

2.In a mixer, mix together on medium speed, the sugar, oil, molasses and spices until completely mixed.







3.Add in egg and mix on medium speed until completely blended.

4.Add in flour and baking soda slowly while the mixer is on low. Mix until smooth.

5.Roll the dough into about 1″ balls, and drop into sugar. Flatten slightly, or
leave as a ball it will flatten, on the cookie sheet.

6.Put into oven for 10 minutes


7.Cool on the cookie sheet for 3 minutes before removing to rack to cool completely. Store in an air tight container.

8. Sniffle a bit because your children just worked together without competing against each other or fighting.




Blessings,

Mandy

1 comment:

timsarmywifey said...

My kids are so tired of me making these type of cookies! :) I just crave them at times of late.... yum yum yum!